Athens Meteora Tour
2 or 3 day tours available
Meteora situated in the North of Greece where you'll see the most amazing Monasteries some built on the top of cylindrical rock formations. Which provide the priests and nuns there the utmost privacy for their reflections.
Visitors to the area can marvel at them from a distance and there are seven Monasteries open to the public on a regular basis for you to visit.
If you like hiking then this is a great spot offering numerous trails to follow. You can also 'hike' your way through Meteora visiting the Monasteries as you go.
- Leaving Athens travel a couple of hours along the National Highway passing Thermopylae
- Pass through some of the most fertile land in Greece before arriving at Meteora to do a sightseeing tour
- Hotel accommodation will be arranged to your specification from small family run to 5 star hotels
- Free time in the evenings for dinner and shopping, dinner in a nearby village for an authentic feel
- After breakfast the tour of the Monasteries begins before starting the drive back to Athens
Included in your Athens Meteora Tour
Air conditioned luxury class minivan or minibus with English speaking escort to enthrall you throughout your tour with a fascinating commentary - ready to answer your questions and to assist you when ordering lunch, dinner or shopping.
- Official Tour Guide available in many languages
- Lunch in a traditional Greek taverna
- Mix N' Match add Delphi and Olympia to complete your tour