Meteora Delphi Tour
3 day tour
Meteora situated in the North of Greece where you'll see the most amazing Monasteries - some built on the top of cylindrical rock formations offering the priests and nuns there the utmost privacy for their reflections.
Delphi is one of the most important sites in Greece ancient home to the Oracle who influenced affairs in the known world for over a thousand years, it was also a major center for the worship of the God Apollo. Situated on the slopes of Mount Parnassus the drive to Delphi passes through Arachova.
- Leaving Athens travel a couple of hours along the National Highway passing Thermopylae
- Pass through some of the most fertile land in Greece before arriving at Meteora to do a sightseeing tour
- Hotel accommodation will be arranged to your specification from small family run to 5 star hotels
- After breakfast the tour of the Monasteries begins - before starting the drive to Delphi
- Arriving at Delphi you will be taken directly to your hotel of choice with free time for dinner and shopping
- After breakfast you will be taken to Delphi Archaeological site and museum and met again after your visit
- On the way back to Athens there is an optional side-excursion to the Monastery of Hosios Loukas
- Alternatively you can elect to leave Delphi and travel along the Gulf of Corinth crossing over the Rion-Antirion Bridge, a marvel of modern engineering and heading back to Athens
Included in your Meteora Delphi Tour
Air conditioned luxury class minivan or minibus with English speaking escort to enthrall you throughout your tour with a fascinating commentary ready to answer your questions and to assist you when ordering lunch, dinner or shopping.
- Official Tour Guide available in many languages
- Side excursion to Hosios Loukas Monastery
- Return to Athens via the Gulf of Corinth
- Mix N' Match add Olympia to complete your tour