Meteora is situated in the North of Greece 400km (230 miles) from Athens. Travel 2 hours along the
National Highway then take ‘A’ roads through some of the most fertile land in Greece.
Meteora will astound you with the Monasteries built on pillars of rock.
Driving up to the Monasteries look out for the hermit's caves in the rock.
The Monasteries close one day a week so you will visit 2 or 3 of these: Great Meteora,
Varlaam, Rousanou or Saint Stephen.
IMPORTANT Visitors are asked to dress appropriately arms and legs covered, ladies
should wear a skirt below the knee. Strictly NO SHORTS allowed. Take clothes with you and change.
- Day 1: The drive from Athens to Meteora is 5 hours with refreshment stops
- When you arrive take a panoramic tour of the area and check-in at your hotel
- In the evening free time for dinner and shopping in the town of Kalambaka
- Day 2: After breakfast visit 2 or 3 Monasteries
- After lunch start the drive back to Athens or continue your tour